Monday, March 17, 2014

Sunsets



I have a thing for sunsets. I mean, I really dig them. I love them. They are a magical feast for my eyes.


I grew up spending summers on a lake. We were on the east side, which meant we got to see sunsets every time there was one. Now, perhaps it’s because of this exposure to them that I love them so much. But you would think that seeing them nearly every day, I would take them for granted.

No.

Not even close.

I adore them.


When I was a teenager, I went out to the end of the dock and watched them. I was so enthralled, they took me away to their magical, fiery world. The clouds welcomed me into their realm, always happy, always smiling. I traveled there, among the clouds, and watched the brilliant, ever changing color show in awe.


Now that I am older, with a family of my own, I sometimes miss the opportunity to enjoy a sunset like that. I try to make time for it. It never disappoints.

The moment between dusk and dark is an amazing thing to see.

It is an event.


To see darkness creeping slowly, steadily up onto the blue sky is like nothing else I have ever watched. Yet it happens every day. It happens whether we watch it or not.


But I highly recommend watching it.

Get outside and trip out on a sunset. You won’t regret it.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree!! The next one I see has me in awe, just as much as the last one.... I feel the same way about the sunrise, the moon, the stars, the rain, the snow....etc., etc., etc...... It always feels like it's the first time I'm witnessing the majesty of it all!

    Lovely post, Deidre.....I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Pam! And you'll love next week's blog too! ;)

    ReplyDelete