Monday, March 9, 2015

Will I Remember?

[Let me preempt this blog by saying that I don't obsess about death. These thoughts take much longer to write down than they do to think of in the first place. These thoughts are fast, but important in my life. They are a part of me that I think is worth sharing, but don't necessarily have the place or time to do so.]

A fleeting thought I have from time to time is about previous lives. Ever since my dad told me that some people believe that we have lived previous lives, I've been a believer. I think I was about 8 or so.

When I was in high school, we had a psychology class and the teacher did a session where she hypnotized those of us who wanted to participate. Of course, I was one.
She had us relax, and brought us to a place that made us feel good. First, I went to Canandaigua Lake. I spent summers there my whole life, and being in that lake is my heaven. I went to the middle of the lake and floated, looking up at the vast blue sky kissed with wisps of white.
She had us go further on.
I went to Egypt. It was hot, there was sand, and I was sitting on a sphinx statue. I felt the hot sun on my skin, and the rough surface of the statue. The funny thing was, I wasn't Egyptian. I was Native American. I was probably about 11 or 12. I had long black hair in two braids hanging down either side of my head. My skin was very brown. I liked it. (I am basically the opposite of this in my present life; red hair, fair skin.)
It was so vivid, more than any dream or daydream I'd ever had. When I woke up from the trance, I was revived. I can still recall all of this, like a memory rather than a dream. It felt so good.
My friends who were the observers in the class said my eyelids were fluttering like crazy! I guess because everything I was seeing and experiencing was so life-like.

I feel so closely tied to certain time periods, I think that I must have lived there. But I don't really remember. I don't remember actually living before, or being in another place or time. I just have a feeling.
That got me to thinking...
If I have a future life, will I have a feeling about this life? Will I feel tied to this place and time along with the others I feel now? Will this life be added to my repertoire?


No comments:

Post a Comment