Monday, March 16, 2015

S'mores Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

So, I've been having a hankering for oatmeal no bake cookies lately. Those things are so addictive! With their butter, and their sugar, and their chocolate, and peanut butter!


Then there's the oatmeal, which makes your body think you're eating something healthy!
Quite the vicious combination!


So, in the past, I recall some trouble getting the recipe to work. I'd end up with a gelatinous mass, unwilling to solidify. I gave up on it for a while.


This time, when I could no longer resist the temptation, I went back to the recipe, word for word.
I have a tendency to tweak recipes.
Every. Single. Time.
I can't even remember what I did differently last time, but apparently I tweaked a bit too much, and then decided to give up.
So, this time, sticking directly to the recipe, I had success!


They turned out perfectly, and the family was oh so happy to eat them right up.
So, I made them again. The second time I doubled the recipe, and made them bigger. I also changed some of the ingredients (because I can't help myself).
With the usual ingredients, I used half white sugar, and half dark brown sugar, instead of all white.
I also added crushed graham crackers and Heath bits along with the oatmeal.


They had been s'moresified! They were amazing! Spectacular! Stupendous!
Majorly addicting!!!
So, of course, they went fast, and of course, I had to make them again. (With some more tweaks...which may not have worked as well...but still resulted in deliciousness.)

I thought I'd blog about my incredible discovery...

So, here it is...

S'mores Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
(Single recipe)

1 stick butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dark brown, or brown sugar
4 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk

1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups rolled oats (I use the 5 minute ones)
1/2 sleeve graham crackers, crushed lightly
1/2 package Heath Bar brickle bits


Melt the butter, sugars, cocoa and milk together in a saucepan on medium low heat.
Bring to a boil and let boil for one minute.

Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients.

Drop by scoop or spoonful onto parchment paper.
The mix begins to set fairly quickly, so try to get them dropped in a timely manner. (You don't have to race, just don't waste time.)



Let cool and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment